Junior Tyler Polman went two-for-two in setting new course records last week.
The standout shattered his brother Ryan’s six-year old record at the Cardinal Invitational with a person best time of 15:46 then beat a 16-year old meet record at the Old Fort Invitational with a winning time of 15:56.
With two race wins Polman now has 15 in his career.
For his efforts, Polman was named Independence Athlete of the Week.
“It was the Blue Devils first trip to the meet at Old Fort which featured athletes from about twenty different schools,” said Independence coach Craig Polman. “This meet is unique in that the races start with a cannon blast which leaves no doubt the competition has begun. Although participation amongst his peers is down from recent years, the focus to train and compete at a high level remains the same for Tyler as he aims to carry on the legacy created by Blue Devil runners of the recent past.”
The Tyler Polman File:
- Class: Junior
- Age: 16
- Sport: Boys Cross Country
- Family: Parents: Craig & Pam; Brothers: Ryan & Kyle
- Favorite Food: Steak
- Favorite Hobby: Fishing
- Favorite Athletes: Galen Rupp & Emil Zatopek
- Favorite Film: Gran Torino
- Favorite TV Show: Impractical Jokers
- Favorite Sports Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
- Best Advice: The road to success is not marked by perfection, but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure