From the pros all the way down to youth leagues, more and more teams are making the switch from old-style stock uniforms to sublimated jerseys and other custom apparel.
But, what is sublimation and why should you make the switch?
Sublimation is the process of transferring dye to a fabric using heat. The images and graphics are printed on special paper placed on the garment and heat is applied, allowing the ink to become part of the fabric. This will leave you with a more breathable, soft-hand feel to the fabric. The best part is that the numbers, letters and graphics do not peel, wear off, or come out in the wash.
The process of sublimation includes turning a solid into a gas through a liquid stage. For you non-chemistry majors, that simply means your design is printed on special paper then fused to the fabric using heat.
After the image is transferred, the fabric is then cut and sewn together to create your stunning new jerseys and apparel.
The sublimation process is outlined below:
So, why should you make the switch to sublimated jerseys and apparel? Besides the fact everybody else is doing it, here are a few more reasons:
- It’s affordable! The old-style jerseys limit your options regarding colors, embellishments and names and numbers. With sublimation, you get great uniforms at an even better price!
- It’s easy too! Simply choose from a template from one of our vendors or share your thoughts and we’ll design it for you!
- Sublimation produces vibrant colors, making it perfect for photographic images and more detailed designs.
- You have the ability to create complex all-over print designs on the front and back of your sublimated uniforms.
- You can’t feel the print at all, it gives the fabric a soft feel.
- Sublimation print will not crack, peel, or fade.
- The lightweight materials allow for you to feel your best, which leads to you playing your best!
- Sublimation printing never goes out of style. Because sublimated uniforms are custom made, there is no need to worry about a uniform being discontinued next season. It is also easy to reorder one or more jerseys in the future as you’ll always have your artwork.
- Low minimum order quantities allow you to outfit the smallest of teams to entire clubs!
Another great thing about sublimation is the infinite number of products and apparel options to choose from.
Obviously, you can create fully-customized uniforms, including jerseys and pants and shorts, to warm-ups, hoodies, gloves, socks, arm sleeves, duffel bags and backpacks, cleat spats and more!
The only limitation to sublimation is your imagination, but don’t worry, we have thousands of designs to inspire you to find the perfect uniform and custom apparel to outfit your team and your fans.
While there is no shortage of sublimation vendors, only one outfits you with custom apparel and uniforms at a great price and also provides your team with media coverage throughout the season and that’s OhioVarsity.com!
From adidas and Champro to Nike and Under Armour and everything in between, OhioVarsity.com can suit you up in name-brand sublimated gear or offer you better pricing on our own styles! Check out our fabrics and get your order started today!